At the Calgary Public Library Foundation, our vision is to create the best public library in the world for Calgarians. We believe this is possible through Add In—the Campaign for Calgary’s Library. The Add In campaign will build capacity for each and every community library, as well as the New Central Library, and will include projects with a strong impact for Library customers.
The Library Foundation is currently recruiting for a Grants and Reporting Coordinator. The main objective of this 12-month contract position is to build the Library Foundation’s grant and foundation revenue pipeline through the identification, qualification, writing, submission, and stewardship of grants. This position reports to the Vice-President
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare and maintain a comprehensive summary of granting agencies of local, provincial and national scope for prospective major gift asks between $25,000 to $1,000,000+ that align with Add In.
- Regular grant/proposal writing, grant/proposal submissions and renewals, and ensuring on-going deadlines are documented and met.
- Responsible for tracking and monitoring grant submissions and reporting through Raiser’s Edge database system.
- Sustain strong working relationships with Library staff in the qualification, information gathering, and submission of grant applications in support of the Library’s strategic priorities.
- Organize and manage project information for quick access and ongoing use for grant applications and Major Gift asks.
- Support the Lead, Stewardship & Events to execute the Library Foundation’s donor relations practices.
- Fulfillment of reports for granting agencies, corporations and individuals.
- Collaborate the preparation of Founding Partner/Major Donor Annual Impact Reports.
- Develop and maintain donor-centric relationships with granting agencies, corporations and individual major gifts donors.
- Build profiles of major gift prospects (individuals and corporations) to inform understanding and drive engagement, affinity, and financial support for the Library Foundation.
- Identify financial capacity of major gift prospects, history and affinity areas of their philanthropic giving in Calgary and beyond, and identify key community relationships that might help provide access for the Library Foundation.
Major Gift and Event Support
- Participate in supporting a portfolio of small targeted major gift asks including community service organizations.
- Assist the Major Gift team to efficiently secure, manage, and renew these donors.
- Provide support for Library Foundation events.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Previous grant writing an asset
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Willingness to learn
- Have a passion for the Library
- Able to work independently and be self motivated
- Able to easily build rapport with a diverse range of people
- Have a good work ethic
- Have a good sense of humour and be a team player
- Responsible, reliable and punctual
Hours and Pay
- 35 Hours a week
- From $30,000/year
Applying For The Role
- Providing your COVER LETTER and RESUME
- Include References
- Email to email@example.com by Thursday, May 30, 2018.