This is the most important year in the Calgary Public Library Foundation’s history—not only are we gaining momentum in the final year of our comprehensive campaign, but in November, Calgarians will celebrate the opening of the New Central Library. Join our team and further your career in an dynamic, face-paced environment as we aim to reach our $350 million goal for the largest fundraising campaign for a library in Canadian history.
Reporting to the Vice-President, the Manager, Direct Response & Social Enterprise will plan, manage, budget, evaluate and expand all broad-based annual giving revenue programs and initiatives. This position also leads social enterprises initiatives featuring an online store; Better World Books partnership; raffles and casino initiatives.
Fundraising (+/- 50%)
- Plan and execute comprehensive direct mail and multi-channel fundraising campaigns
- Lead strategies to maximize annual and long-term individual giving program results based on data analysis and knowledge of best practices and giving trends
- Manage external giving channels via CanadaHelp; Benevity; Calgary Foundation and others
- Commitment to build and retain long-term supporters through a donor-centred commitment
Social Enterprise (+/- 35%)
- Manage online platform for store (Shopify)
- Lead online store retail strategy includig product lines and inventory that maximize revenue
- Plan and execute community outreach sales strategy for the store
- Manage Better World Books social enterprise, raffle fundraising and casino initiatives
I.T. and Digital Marketing (+/- 15%)
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications to develop digital marketing strategy and campaigns to support the success of fundraising and social enterprise initiatives
What You’ll Need
- Post secondary degree or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years fundraising experience and demonstrated success with focus on individual giving (direct mail/marketing; monthly giving; e-philanthropy) or similar success in the private sector in a direct marketing role.
- Advanced experience with Raiser’s Edge donor relationship software or equivalent
What You’ll Get
- Salary $45,000 – $55,000 annually based on education and experience
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Full time position, and 4 day week from May to September
- 4 weeks of paid vacation
- 10% RRSP matching
Applying For The Role
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by March 25, 2018. If you have any questions, please contact Brent Buechler at 403-221-4127.
The Calgary Public Library Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Please note that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.