Our mission is to enable the citizens of Calgary to have the best public library in the world.
We are a passionate group of non-profit professionals who have been inspired by the innovative programs and services our library system offers. With our unique talents, we are exemplary advocates for the Calgary Public Library to ensure library users will continue to receive life changing programs and services for generations to come.
Check this page often for job postings to join our team.
Chief Executive Officer
The Calgary Public Library Foundation (www.addin.ca) provides an opportunity for individuals, businesses and foundations to participate in building a library system for today and future generations. With a mission to enable the citizens of Calgary to have the best public library in the world, funds raised by the Foundation do not replace the Library’s core funding, but enhance collections, programs and services.
The Board is seeking to recruit a CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER who will lead the Foundation into the Next Chapter of its evolution capitalizing on the momentum of the Add In campaign and the opening of the new Central Library in 2018. The CEO reports to the Chair of the Board of Directors and ensures the success of the CPLF by:
- Providing innovative leadership, direction and focus to its activities in accordance with the goals agreed with the Board
- Ensuring proper organization structure and support to meet the short- and long-term goals of the CPLF
- Creating a succession plan for the leadership of the CPLF
- Effectively and collaboratively representing the CPLF to regulatory bodies, agencies, community and civic organization, donors, funders and supporters
- Developing and maintaining productive working relationships with the Calgary Public Library through the Library Board and the Library CEO
Responsibilities and Outcomes
- Develop a strategic plan for the CPLF post-Add In campaign, determining deliverables in collaboration with the CPLF Board, and ensuring strong alignment between the CPLF and the Library at all times
- Work with the management team to implement the fund development program that positions the CPLF as a leader in terms of cost effectiveness and performance
- Manage and lead the CPLF team to ensure maximum effectiveness of operations and return on fund raising investment
- Report regularly to the CPLF Board and the Library Board on the status of the fundraising campaign and other foundation activities and initiatives 2
- Ensure the CPLF has the organizational structure and support needed to research, develop and solicit donations, sponsorships and other sources of revenue
- Ensure the CPLF is in compliance with and adheres to all relevant federal and provincial and other applicable requirements for charities as registered by Canada Revenue Agency including tax receipts, records management and other regulatory requirements
- Remain current in fundraising trends, practices, techniques, and changing regulatory requirements
- At minimum a university undergraduate degree
- 10+ years in a senior leadership position in a non-profit environment
- Strong fundraising experience with a demonstrated understanding of leading-edge philanthropic practices
- Financial acumen, understanding of budgeting and stewardship processes
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills, adept at managing and motivating teams
- Excellent communication, vibrant and engaging public speaking skills
- Strong knowledge of governance principles, ability to work effectively with an engaged Board
- Professional integrity and high level of transparent leadership
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary team members and stakeholders
Calgary – a relocation package will be provided if required by the successful candidate.
This position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits program.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume in confidence including the names of 3 references to the CPLF Board at email@example.com by Sunday, March 3. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those who meet the qualifications for the role will be contacted to move forward in the process.
For a full position description, click here.