This is the most important year in the Calgary Public Library Foundation’s history—not only are we gaining momentum in the final year of our comprehensive campaign, but in November, Calgarians will celebrate the opening of the New Central Library. Join our team and further your career in an dynamic, face-paced environment as we aim to reach our $350 million goal for the largest fundraising campaign for a library in Canadian history.
Reporting to the Director, Strategy and Support, the Administrative Assistant will work with a dynamic team to fundraise for one of the city’s most treasured institutions, the Calgary Public Library.
- Respond to phone calls, emails and in-person visits as the first point of contact
- Raiser’s Edge data entry and reporting
- Track inventory and fulfillment of all Library Store orders
- Establish working relationship with the Board of Directors in verbal, written and electronic correspondence
- Record minutes at board and committee meetings
- Assist with set-up, execution and take-down at events
- Assist the Executive Team in administrative tasks
- Other administrative duties as assigned
What You’ll Need
- Advanced technical skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge an asset (or equivalent)
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Excellent team work and interpersonal skills
- This position may require the ability to work flexible hours
What You’ll Get
- Salary $28,000 – $30,000 annually based on education and experience
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Full time position, and 4 day week from May to September
- 4 weeks of paid vacation
- 10% RRSP matching
The Interview Process
- We start with a “speed-dating” process where we ask top candidates to come and meet the team – a resume only tells us so much about you
- You spend about 5 minutes with each of your potential colleagues, totaling 60 minutes
Applying For The Role
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2018. If you have any questions, please contact Tracy Johnson at 403-221-2008.
The Calgary Public Library Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Please note that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.