Are you extroverted? Do you enjoy engaging and meeting new people? Do you have a love for festivals and events?
The Calgary Public Library Foundation is looking for outgoing individuals to join us for the summer and represent us in public at various events and activities across the city.
At the Calgary Public Library Foundation, our vision is to create the best public library in the world for Calgarians. We believe this is possible through Add In—the Campaign for Calgary’s Library. Our Street Team will play a vital role as we embark on this ambitious journey. The Add In campaign will build capacity for each and every community library and will include projects with a strong impact for Library customers.
As a Street Team member you will play an active part in personalising our campaign efforts with the general public. By connecting with Calgarians we hope to inspire their support financially as regular donors. You will specifically look to recruit the most reliable of new supporters, who we hope will support us for a lifetime. In addition, our team promotes other ways the public and supporters can be involved in the Library, and are critical to helping us develop our lobbying power.
If you are comfortable interacting with people, are an approachable communicator and have a background or are studying marketing, events, public relations or customer service this is the job for you.
Approximately 30 hours a week from June – August.
As this position is funded in part by a grant from Canada Summer Jobs, applicants must:
- Be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person to whom refugee status has been conferred
- Have been enrolled as a full-time student in the 2016-2017 academic year
- Intend to return to full-time studies for the next academic year
- Be between the ages of 15 and 30 at the start of the employment
Roles and Responsibilities
- Face-to-face fundraising and sales with our mobile library store
- Solicit donations through community activities, at events and street festivals across the city
- Engage and educate the public about the work of the Calgary Public Library and Add In
- Inspire people to support the Calgary Public Library Foundation as regular and monthly donors
- Talk with members of the public, build rapport with them and provide excellent customer service
- Meet key performance targets for the number and quality of new supporters
- Set up and take down at all public events
- Engage the crowd, hand out free swag
- Promote a professional image of the Calgary Public Library Foundation
- Excellent communicators, enthusiastic and motivated
- Have a passion for the Library
- Able to work independently and be self motivated
- Able to easily build rapport with a diverse range of people
- Confident in a fundraising interaction, and be proud to ask for support for Calgary Public Library Foundation
- Committed and loyal
- Good work ethic
- Outgoing & confident, goal driven
- Have a good sense of humour and be a team player
- Responsible, reliable and punctual
- Sales experience an asset
- Maturity to work without supervision
- Valid Driver’s licence
Comprehensive training will be provided for the first week on your job. Continuous access to training resources, methods and support will be provided on an ongoing basis during your time here. Street team members will have a weekly meeting to provide feedback and discuss tactics.
Hours and Pay
- 30 Hours a week: weekend and evening work required (you will not be working regular hours)
- $15 per hour
Applying For The Role
Email your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com by Friday, May 19th at 5:00 pm (MST)
The Interview Process (if your resume and cover letter rocked)
- We start with a “speed-dating” process where we ask top candidates to come in to meet the team – a resume only tells so much, we want to meet you in person as this is a relationship building role
- You’ll spend about 5 minutes with each of your potential colleagues, total of 35 min (45 min with intro)
- We identify 2-3 candidates that really jelled and have the competencies above to try to close the deal